Stand Up to Bullies!
Map & Directions
and Posters (PDF)
Conference of Churches
Justice & Advocacy
Stand Up to Bullies!
Saturday, November 7, 2015
First Presbyterian Church
3231 Tilghman Street
Allentown, PA 18104
Map & Directions (Tilghman St. at Cedar Crest Blvd.)
Church Phone: 610-395-3781
Stand Up to Bullies!*
PROGRAM SCHEDULE HAS CHANGED -- SEE REVISED SCHEDULE HERE
Zacchaeus, make haste and come down! – Luke 19:5
Our program will focus on four specific issues, with plenary presentations and parallel workshops:
- Domestic Violence
- Gun Violence
- Human Trafficking
- Systemic Racism in Schools / School to Prison Pipeline
Who are the bullies? Most of us have faced bullies at times; and at times most of us have played the part of bullies, perhaps without recognizing the consequences of our actions.
- It's about domestic violence, sex offenders, human trafficking, gun violence, capital punishment, the "war on drugs", and the "war on crime."
- It's about reforming our broken bail process, challenging excessive criminal charges from the District Attorney's office, addressing the excruciatingly slow pace of a court system that allows people to sit for years awaiting trial, and ending the police practices of racial profiling, brutality, and stop-and-frisk that disproportionately funnel people of color into our jails.
- It's about systemic racism in our schools and the school-to-prison pipeline.
- It's about business policies that overcompensate senior executives while failing to provide living wages and humane working conditions for employees and subcontractors.
- It's about major banks and financial institutions that gamble with complex financial transactions, peddle risky mortgages, and foreclose on their victims.
The event will also provide resources for engagement in restorative ministries and extending the conversation to church and community groups.
Also, see Schedule, Speakers, and Resources pages for more program details.
Registration includes light brunch. Suggested donation: $5
(students or unemployed: FREE, or what you can afford)
Space is limited. Please pre-register by November 4.
Go to our Web Registration Form or contact us at 610-433-6421 or email@example.com for further information or registration by phone.
*Program details are subject to change. Look for updates here from time to time.
This gathering is sponsored by the Lehigh Conference of Churches, Justice and Advocacy Committee, and Lehigh Valley partner organizations